The Law Society of NSW operates the Accredited Specialist Scheme so that you can identify a Family Law Solicitor who is an expert in their field.
When you choose an Accredited Specialist Family Lawyer to assist you with your separation or divorce you can be confident that the solicitor you have engaged is an expert in Family Law.
To become (and remain) an Accredited Specialist Family Lawyer a solicitor must:
- Have been a full-time lawyer for at least 5 years
- Have practiced at least 3 years in their area of specialty
- Have passed vigorous assessments and examinations
- Continue to practice in their area of specialisation
- Stay up-to-date with developments in their chosen area of law
- Satisfy annual renewal criteria (which includes completing double the hours of Continuing Legal Education) as non-Accredited Specialist Lawyers
Specialist Family Lawyers can be identified by the NSW Law Society’s Specialist Accreditation Logo.